Thursday, August 29, 2013

BR- 8/29/13
1.) 100 years later the slaves are still not free.
2.) Declaration of Indepence was a promise that negros and whites would be granted rights and the pursuite of happiness.
3.) Now is the time to make real the promises of Democracy.
4.) The Emancipation Procalmation came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of Negro slaves.
5.) "As we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead."
6.) "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."
7.) I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.
8.) Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.
9.) We can never be satisfied as long as the Negro is the victim of the unspeakable horrors of police brutality.
10.) I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up.

No comments:

Post a Comment